IUI treatment - Advantages and Disadvantages of IUI
When people look for infertility treatments, the first treatment that strikes their mind is IVF (in-vitro fertilization). But not every fertility treatment is appropriate for every case of infertility.
Although IVF has greatly transformed the fertility medicine, now its to learn and explore other treatments that might be more appropriate in your case. Considering this unawareness about the latest fertility treatments, Vardaan Medical Center, the best IVF hospital in Jalandhar has taken the charge to learn more about IUI treatment, one of the best fertility treatments available at Vardaan.
What is IUI Treatment?
IUI stands for Intrauterine Insemination, one of the first kinds of fertility intervention procedures, usually advised to the couples with undetermined causes of infertility. It is considered to be a kind of AI (artificial insemination) treatment.
This treatment involves the process of implanting the sperm in the woman’s uterus to enable her to fertilize. The key objective of this IUI treatment is to increase the likelihood of fertilization by growing the number of sperms that travel to the fallopian tubes.
In contrast IVF, IUI is a more cost-effective and minimally invasive treatment option. Moreover, it is relatively a simpler fertility treatment that can be done with or without fertility medications. This treatment procedure consists of transmitting washed and clean semen directly into the woman’s uterus with the help of a thin catheter.
This procedure can be performed using either spouse’s sperm or donor’s sperm. Also, the best IVF doctors at our hospital examine the woman for any hormonal imbalance, structural issues or infection before getting on to IUI treatment.
Advantages of IUI Treatment
Although the rate of success of IUI treatment is less than in-vitro fertilization (IVF), below-given are some of the advantages of IUI treatment.
1. Less stressful for the body
Unlike IVF which is harsh and aggressive enough to affect the quality of the egg, IUI provides more gentle conditions to the patient.
2. IUI treatment increases the likelihood of fertilization as compared to having regular intercourse
This treatment procedure aids the sperm to speed up to catch the egg for fertilization in contrast to regular sexual intercourse. This is because during sex the powerful sperm make it to the cervical mucus first and then to the uterus and later to the fallopian tubes.
3. IUI being less invasive on the female body follows a natural cycle in comparison to the other fertility treatments like IVF.
4. Unlike IVF, IUI is the best way to determine how the body reacts before directly jumping on to the treatment. Moreover, it can also aid in preventing the wastage of a cycle.
5. More Cost-effective than IVF treatment.
IUI treatment is less expensive than IVF, which makes it the most sorted and affordable option for many couples with infertility.
Certain Factors responsible for the success of IUI:
- Primary/secondary subfertility
- Subfertlity’s Duration
- Usage/non-usage of ovarian hyperstimulation
Disadvantages of IUI Treatment
Despite the fact that IUI is one of the best fertility treatments for most of the couples, there are times when it does not address all the fertility challenges. Below listed are some of the disadvantages of IUI treatment.
1. If the following factors fail to meet, a high level of intervention can come up.
- Clean and unharmed fallopian tubes
- Ovulation of the partner is a must during the execution of the pregnancy test
- Sperm should have the mobility to a certain extent
2. The likelihood of conceiving a baby is comparatively lower than other treatments such as IVF.
3. There a risk of multiple involved, i.e. having twins, triplets and more. This is because there is almost no control over how many eggs will develop and hard to ensure how many will fertilize.
Know More About the Treatment from the best IVF doctors in Jalandhar
To recapitulate, the best IUI Treatment in jalandhar advocate that IUI treatment has minimum side effects (majorly every side effect caused is due to the consumption of fertility drugs during the IUI cycle and not during the IUI treatment procedure itself).
Moreover, being the best IVF hospital in jalandhar we have seen women resorting to the IUI procedure as it is less painful. It can be considered as one of the effective fertility treatments like IVF if patients are unable to afford IVF treatment.
However, if you are nervous about opting for this treatment, you can consult our experienced IVF doctors at Vardaan Medical Center and discuss all your concerns with them.
As we believe that it is crucial for you to have the fundamentals clear about the procedure, its pros and cons, we chose to lay down this post for your awareness. It is always prudent to skim through all the options and risks involved before proceeding with any fertility treatment.
Connect to the best team of expert fertility doctors in jalandhar today for resolving all your fertility-related and pregnancy queries.