IVF treatments is an intricate process performed on women in order to aid them in infertility or curb genetic problems and also help with conceiving a child. It is the most efficient method of assisted reproductive technology.
Being the best IVF center in Jalandhar, we at Vardaan Medical Center have the team of best IVF specialists who perform such procedures. In this procedure, the sperm of both partners are being used. Or it may also include eggs, sperm or embryos obtained from any donor.
Moreover, in certain cases, surrogacy- where a woman is implanted with an embryo in her uterus, might also be used.
So, let us understand why is IVF performed?
Causes of IVF
IVF, as discussed above is a treatment used to treat infertility or genetic problems. In case IVF is conducted to address infertility, then you and your partner both might undertake minimal invasive treatment options before moving on to IVF, which includes fertility medications to enhance egg production or intrauterine fertilization – a process in which sperms are directly injected into the uterus, close to the time of ovulation.
Some of the time, IVF is provided as the fundamental treatment to the women above 40 having infertility.
Moreover, IVF can also be performed if you have certain types of health conditions. For instance, IVF can be opted for, if you or your partner has:
- Damaged or Blocked Fallopian tube: This makes the process of egg fertilization or embryo travelling to the uterus, even more, complicated
- Ovulation Conditions: Infrequency or inexistence of ovulation leads to the shortage of eggs which creates issues in fertilization.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis happens when the tissues of the uterine implant and outgrows the uterus, which further affects the functioning of the ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes.
- Uterine fibroids: These are benign tumours present in the wall of the uterus. These are quite common among the women falling under the age group of 30-40. These further obstruct the implantation of the fertilized egg.
- Sterilization or removal Previous tubal: If you already have tubal ligation- in which the fallopian tubes are damaged or blocked to avoid pregnancy permanently, and you desire to conceive, IVF might be a substitute to the reversal of tubal ligation.
- Damaged sperm production or function: Substandardly concentrated sperm, poor movement of the sperm, or irregularity in the size and shape of the sperm, results in troublesome fertilization of the egg by the sperm. In case any such abnormalities are encountered in the semen, then your partner should seek medical assistance. As the best IVF hospital in Jalandhar, our doctors are proficient in diagnosing the problems that can be treated and even the basic health conditions, if any.
- Inexplicable infertility: This means no certain cause of infertility has been discovered regardless of other common causes.
- A genetic defect: In case you or your partner are at the stake of transmitting the genetic defect to your child, you might have to go through pre-implantation genetic testing – a process that consists of IVF. Once the eggs are fertilized, they are analyzed for genetic disorders, even though not every genetic issue could be diagnosed. Embryos with no such determining issues can be transmitted to the uterus.
- Fertility preservation for cancer or other health conditions: By any chance you are planning to begin treatment for cancer, for instance, radiation or chemotherapy, that could adversely affect your fertility, IVF for preserving fertility is the best option. Women can yield eggs from their ovaries and later freeze them in an unimpregnated state for future use. Or these eggs can also be fertilized or frozen just like embryos to be used in the future.
Benefits of IVF
Per cycle rate of success
The best IVF specialists at Vardaan diagnose the case of the patient closely. However, in many cases doctors advise different fertility treatments prior to IVF. This is because IVF is secured for those couples who are benefited wither most or only with this alternative. The per cycle of fertility is superior to this technique of assisted reproduction.
Almost Unrestricted application
One of the most amazing benefits of IVF is that there are very confined hurdles to its implantation. It is not just constrained to female issues like blocked tubes, serious endometriosis or frozen pelvis but can certainly get the happiness of parenthood to childless couples with male infertility being the primary factor. These include lesser sperm counts or the inexistence of sperms in semen. Therefore this procedure of IVF ICSI is definitely helpful in such cases.
Best and the Only Way to use the third party for reproduction with donated eggs, embryos or uterus
At times, when there is an issue in egg production, the doctor might recommend the usage of donated eggs. In cases like these, IVF treatments are the only alternative as the eggs and sperms are fertilized externally before they can be inserted into the uterus of a woman.
Most Effective Way to Maintain Fertility in Women
A lot of people who are quite passionate about their career, lose track of the ideal time to conceive. Therefore, by the time they intend to plan a baby, their reproductive system does not cooperate. So, it is IVF treatments that helps a woman in freezing their eggs at an early age for future use.
Only Alternative to select the best embryo genetically to remove any genetic disorder
In elderly women, there are more chances of chromosomal abnormalities that are due to genetically abnormal embryos that fail to implant or result in early abortions or irregularities in the baby. These can be chosen through pre-implantation genetic testing. Heritable disorders of mitochondrial diseases persisting in the family can also be removed through this method.
Get The Best IVF Assistance at Vardaan Medical Center
IVF treatments continue to take off, which implies that the technology coupled with success rates continues to upgrade as well. If you are facing any trouble in conceiving, then get the expert medical assistance at the best IVF hospital in Jalandhar. You can schedule an appointment with the best IVF specialists in Jalandhar, here and learn more about this procedure. We look ahead to help you grow your family with expert advice.