Prepping up for the newborn can be exciting but at the same time, it can be a little daunting too. Walking down the baby aisles in any store can be mind-boggling as you will encounter hundreds of products that you would wish to bring home for your baby to be.
However, we at Vardaan Medical Center, the best IVF hospital in Jalandhar have a team of expert doctors who have helped us lay down this essential newborn checklist for all the future parents to be. This checklist is curated under the guidance of best pediatricians in Jalandhar at Vardaan Hospital to let both the parents and the
newborn have a hassle-free time ahead.
If you are worried about what to get for your baby that is best, safe and effective for him/her, then do not worry, we have got you covered.
Below runs the newborn checklist prepared in compliance with the basic needs of any neonate.
Some of the time, IVF is provided as the fundamental treatment to the women above 40 having infertility. Moreover, IVF can also be performed if you have certain types of health conditions. For instance, IVF can be opted for, if you or your partner has:
1. When Your Baby is Starving – Keep These Things Handy to Feed Him/Her
It is highly recommended by the doctors, that in the initial years, the baby should be breastfed as it provides infant with the essential nutrients. For breastfeeding you can stock up on:
- Breast pads: Pick disposable breast pads, that are sticky enough to secure it to the internal parts of the bra and avoid it from getting displaced.
If you are bottle-feeding:
- Bottles (glass or BPA-free plastic) with tight-fitting lids
- Sterilizer for the bottles
- Brush to clean bottle or nipple
- Burp cloths
- Feeding pillow (a requirement in both breastfeeding as well as bottle feeding)
- Formula Feeding(consult to the best pediatricians in Jalandhar at Vardaan Medical Center for the age-appropriate for your baby
2. Clothing and Blankets
As a word of caution from the best doctors in Jalandhar at our Vardaan Medical center, you should not shop for many clothes for your newborn. This is because the baby grows out of the clothes even faster than what you could think of. Also, you should be careful about buying such clothes that are comfortable and easy to get on and off So, for their clothing needs, you should keep the below-given items handy:
- Bodysuits: Easy to put on and off and are also protected for the baby.
- Singlets: Plain cotton singlets are ideal for babies when it comes to frequent changing of clothes.
- Jackets, Jumpers, and cardigans: Always go for comfortable pieces that are also warm at the same time.
- Swaddling Blankets
- Lightweight Blankets
3. For Bathing
As recommended by the best child specialists in Punjab, it is of utmost importance to keep a note of the fact, that until your baby’s umbilical cord falls off and the area gets completely healed, you should keep your baby off from bathing.
This might take a period of up to 2 weeks. Till then you can keep their diaper area tidy and resort to sponge baths. And once the affected area gets healed, you can give your baby a mild soap bath thrice or four times in a week to keep him/her clean and avoid any chances of rashes and chafing. Furthermore, you should also be cautious of getting the right bathing your newborn you may require the below-mentioned items:
- Baby bathtub
- Bath towels(preferably hooded towels)
- Baby shampoo(natural and mild)
- Baby soap(specially formulated for the newborns)
- Thermometer to check on the water temperature
- Small mug for rinsing
4. Medicine Cabinet
God forbid if your baby falls sick or gets hurt, you be prepped up with the medicine cabinet in advance. Though you must be more cautious of utilizing over the counter medicines for your newborn, keeping these basic first aid items always with you is highly recommended.
- Baby bathtub
- Thermometer(preferably digital)
- Mist humidifier to add moisture to the air and also help in clearing the blocked noses of the newborn
- Nasal bulb
- Saline drops for the nose
- Diaper rash cream
- Antibacterial cream
- Tiny bandages
- Safety nail clippers or scissors
- nfant acetaminophen:The best child specialists in Jalandhar practicing at Vardaan Medical Center, advice that babies who are under 6 months of age, shall not be given over the counter medicines. However, this consists of ibuprofen and cold and cough remedies in case your baby gets down with fever. Also if this is the case, you should immediately consult the doctor.
5. While Leaving the House
Being the best children’s hospital in Jalandhar, the doctors understand the need for a newborn. Who does not love to cuddle the neonate, but at some point in time you too want your hands to be set free yet your baby remain safe and comfortable. So, here the doctors suggest you have the following equipment on hand:
- Carrier/Sling/Wrap to carry the baby
- Baby Swing(preferably hooded towels)
- Stroller(natural and mild)
- Pacifier to soother your newborn
6. Diapers and Diaper Bag
Stock up the diapers, since by the time your baby is a week old, he/she will start pooping after every meal they take. Also, they might also wet 6 diapers in a day as surveyed. Moreover, you also require a diaper pail with a lid and a diaper too. Besides that you should keep the following handy:
- Baby wipes
- Diaper rash cream
- Changing mat/pad
- A bag to trash dirty diaper
- Small mug for rinsing
Consult the Best Paediatricians in Jalandhar at Vardaan Medical Center
Besides the aforementioned newborn essentials, there are many more items that you should consult for with the Best Paediatricians in Jalandhar at our center.
To manage our newborn checklist, you can get along the doctors here who provide practical advice on both baby and mother’s health, and many other important newborn facts that you should be aware of.